Sunday, November 4, 2012

Icecream Cone Cupcake

I have been dying to try this.  And I assumed it would be easy - just bake a cupcake in the icecream cone, right?

To start, I wanted to put my Neopolitan Cupcakes inside of these.  It seemed like a fabulous idea.  When I was filling them, I filled them up to about 1" from the top.  DO NOT DO THAT! haha With that recipe that I used, I recommend going no higher than 2/3 of the way up from the cone.  I think it will really depend on how your cake batter rises, so even take a test run if you have to.

What happens when you over fill them, is that they run over, of course, and then your icream cone has cake batter running down the side of the cone, causing the cone to get gooey.  It's not good.

So take your time with these and test out your batter on a couple of cones first.  That's my recommendation for these, especially if you're using a made from scratch recipe.

After all was said and done, they were cute.  I personally didn't care for the icecream cone. lol


To transport them, I placed them in a small clear plastic cup and surrounded them by M&M's to hold them in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment