Sunday, November 4, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

So this all started when me and a girl I work with (who happens to be pregnant) started talking about cupcakes.  Before it was over with, we had both convinced me that I needed to make this.


To start, you need to whip up some chocolate cupcake batter.  I prefer my recipe that I have finally figured out for myself, so here it is again if you need it.

Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
2 cups room temperature unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 box instant chocolate pudding
1 1/2 cups milk

When filling your cupcake liners, fill them slightly over half-way full.  If you fill them like normal and then add the cookie dough, your cupcakes will over-flow when they bake.

Now, for your cookie dough, you are more than welcome to mix that up from scratch.  I bought a tub of cookie dough and used that. ;)

I used a half tablespoon and scooped out the cookie dough and rolled it into a ball.  Place it in the center of your cupcakes and push down slightly.  Your cupcakes will bake up around the cookie dough.



Bake these at 350 degrees for about 15-16 minutes.  You don't want to over bake these and the cookie dough will settle in the middle when you take them out, so don't panic.

Cookie Dough Frosting
3 sticks butter
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
3 tablespoons milk
2-3 teaspoons vanilla
chocolate chips for garnishing, if desired

I don't usually prefer the taste of alot of butter in a frosting recipe, but for this, it worked well.  If you don't like the butter at all (which I usually don't), feel free to substitute it with shortening.

Top your cupcakes with the frosting and chocolate chips, and you're good to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment