Monday, January 2, 2012

Tangled Cake

So, a girl I work with asked me to make a Rapunzel/Tangled themed cake.  And I would like to start by saying this is probably my favorite cake I've made so far.

The cake is for a little girl named Lyla and she wanted purple's and pink's on the cake.  So, I was supplied the people/horse figurines and I was sent several different pictures of what she liked.  When I put them all together, this is what it looked like.



The entire cake is white cake decorated with buttercream and fondant.  I made the tower with styrofoam and decorated it with fondant.  It was placed in the cake with royal icing to help hold it in place.



 The bottom of the cake was made to look like the back of Rapunzel's dress and I added a design on the top layer to also look like the pattern of the dress.



I loved this cake and almost didn't want to give it away.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment