Saturday, January 28, 2012

Purse Cake

I was asked by a co-worker of mine to make a purse cake for a 9 year-old girl's birthday.  And the girl is a girly girl.  So I was super excited.  This is what I did. =)


I used a 10-inch round cake pan and cut it in half and stood it up on it's side for the purse.  Everything else is fondant, and the high heel is made with gum paste.

 
I wanted to make sure it was good and girly, so I made some lipstick, eye shadow and the high heel.  And I thought the daisies were a nice touch. 


I was also asked to make some cupcakes to go with the cake, and I absolutely LOVED these wrappers, so I just had to use them.  They are just plain white cake topped with buttercream.


I loved doing this cake because of all the fun little accessories. And I think it's definitely girly! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment