Monday, January 2, 2012

Graduation Cake

I work with a lady named Donna and she wanted me to make a cake for her future daughter-in-law who just graduated with her master's degree.  She asked me to use green and purple and make it pretty.

So here's what I came up with.



I made pound cake from scratch and it turned out great.  I filled the top with chocolate ganache. She asked for some strawberry filling so the bottom is filled with a white chocolate ganache/strawberry blend.  It was tasty... lol

The accents on top are made of rice crispie treats and covered in fondant.



The cake is covered and decorated with buttercream.  I used some press patterns for the designs on the side and did a rope around the borders of the cake.



One of my favorites of the year, for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment