Monday, November 7, 2011

Zebra Inside-Out Cake

I previously posted this on my other blog, but since I didn't really like my other blog, I wanted to make sure I posted this here. 

So, I always love doing zebra stripe cakes and a while back, I was on CakeCentral.com and seen a cake that was zebra striped on the inside.  It looked WAY hard, so I totally just forgot about it.

I told a girl I work with about it a week or so ago and she actually found a site that showed you how to do it.  So, I did it!  And since it was so easy, I'll show you how I did it!

First, you need 2 bowls of cake batter.  The tutorial I seen used white and chocolate (which I'm sure was yummy), but I used white cake mix and black cake mixed that I used food coloring in.

So next, using 1/3 cup measuring cups (you'll need one for each bowl) and drop the batter in the middle of the pans.
Then, you will want to drop the opposite color on top.
Keep doing this over and over until your pans look something like this:
Once baked, mine looked like this:
Now, this was a cake just mostly to see what the inside looked like, so I didn't spend much time on the decorating part.  So, this is the cake...
And FINALLY, this is what the cake looked like on the inside:
It turned out pretty cool!  So, you should totally try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment