Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rock Princess Cake

I was asked to make a birthday cake for a Rock Princess themed party.  I have to say, this is one of the funnest cakes I've made so far.  I didn't actually get any pictures of the cake before I delivered it because I didn't put the stars and stuff on the cake until I got there with it, but the girl that asked me to make the cake was nice enough to take some pretty great pics. =]


The cake is chocolate and it's covered in buttercream.  I smoothed the icing used the VIVA method.  And of course, the other accents are fondant.

The guitar is made with royal icing.  I found a template online and just traced it on the wax paper.  Then, I added some confectioner's paint and buttercream to decorate it.

Here is the smash cake I made to match it.  I didn't put too much fondant on it so it would be much easier for the little girl to eat and not get choked or anything like that.


I really enjoyed this cake! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment