Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mustang Cobra Cake

I was asked to make a Mustang cake for a friend for her boyfriend's birthday.  She also asked me to make the "cake" with brownies instead of cake, because he doesn't like cake.  I was a little nervous about it, but it worked out.


Using 4 boxes of brownie mix, I made two 11 x 15 inch brownies (by putting two boxes of mix per pan).  I let them cool.

I also printed a template of a snake and drew it larger on a piece of poster board.  I cut it out at the size big enough to fit on my "cake."


With the brownies stacked, I cut around the outline of the snake.  This is what it looked like.


Then, I covered the "cake" in buttercream and let it set.


Next, I covered the cake with gray MMF.  Then, by looking at the template I printed, I "drew" on the details of the snake with black buttercream.  I was pretty pleased with the outcome. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment