Saturday, August 18, 2012

Guitar Cake

So, this is my first attempt at a guitar cake.  And I have to admit - it's one of my favorite cakes so far!  I had so much fun making this because it was so different.


This cake was made for my friend's boyfriend - who is a local performer.  I tried my best to make it look as much like his guitar as I could.  My friend supplied the cake board for the cake.  It's a laminated board with pics.

I wanted the shape of this cake to be right, so I used one of my boyfriend's guitars to cut out a pattern.  Then, I downsized it to cut out the cake.



Then, using another sheet cake that I cut, I added the neck of the guitar. Then some buttercream for a crumb coat and I was ready to roll!

The entire cake is covered in MMF.  Then, using vanilla mixed with gel paste food coloring, I mad edible paint and painted the cake.  It turned out great and it smelled sooooo good. Haha.  Finally, after I thought about it intensely, I decided to pipe on the strings with buttercream.  It was the most intense piping I've ever had to do.  All in all the cake turned out great!


No comments:

Post a Comment