Monday, July 9, 2012

Oreo Cupcakes - Yummm.

My boyfriend absolutely loved that oreo cake I made his brother for Father's Day, so I was peer pressured into making cupcakes.  haha  Plus, I had some fabulous cupcake liners I was dying to use for something.


They were deeeee-lish.  I found some recipes online, and combined a little from each to get what worked for me. Even though I've gotten more comfortable with making all of my cakes from scratch, this is what tasted best.   Here is the recipe:

1 - pkg Devil's Food Cake Mix (Pilsbury is my favorite)
1 - pkg instant chocolate pudding
1 - tsp kosher salt
2 - tsp pure vanilla extract
1 - cup sour cream
1 - cup vegetable oil (I always use canola oil)
4 - eggs
1/2 - cup warm water
2 - cups chocolate chips

Bake at 350 degrees 25-30 minutes for a cake or about 18 minutes for cupcakes.

The icing I used is basic buttercream with crushed up oreos.  For my buttercream recipe, visit my Recipes page. :)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment